Teaching Technique: Present
Track Responses to Check Understanding
Program: Teaching Technique: Prepare
Module: Track Responses to Check Understanding
Track Responses to Check Understanding is a practice module that goes in depth for participants to
learn what happens when the technique is delivered with fidelity. They learn what happens when tracking responses to check understanding is not delivered with fidelity. They also learn how to overcome the barriers to deliver track responses to check understanding with fidelity.
- Demonstrate techniques that engage students and deliver lesson components to fidelity (TS1.2) (3.1.02).
- Understand basic direct instruction techniques and why they are used. Understand basic explicit instruction teaching techniques and why they are used. Demonstrate mastery of basic direct and explicit instruction techniques through weekly program practice sessions and then in classroom delivery (TS1.3)(3.1.03).
- Understand components of effective teaching resources (such as the Teacher Guide) that align with core programs. Demonstrate direct and explicit instruction concepts in developing independent work that aligns to the program being taught. Communicate correct use of program components, such as Teacher Presentation Book, Teacher Guide, Student Workbooks, student books, etc. (TS1.4) (3.1.04).
- Implement re-teaching or skipping of direct instruction lessons, based on group mastery data, and in collaboration with instruction coach. Review direct instruction student mastery data daily to ensure groups stay at mastery. Review explicit instruction student mastery data daily to ensure groups stay at mastery (TS1.8) (3.1.08).
- Implement lesson sequences with fidelity, maintaining student engagement and promoting learning (TS1.9) (3.1.09).
- Review key teaching techniques with colleagues in weekly practice sessions (TS1.10) (3.1.10).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices in academics and behaviour. Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.1) (3.2.01).
- Plan lesson presentation using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques. Implement all parts of direct and explicit instruction lessons (TS2.7) (3.2.07).
- Plan group instruction based on mastery data and program guidelines. Implement direct and explicit instruction lessons with fidelity (TS4.8) (3.4.08).
- 4 Lessons
Assessment has two stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Observation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Great offer today!
50% OFF - Describe your offer here... - Use promo code #YYY
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.
Do not miss!
Free Oz-e-English webinar!
Learn how to maximise your effective delivery of Oz-e-English and its resources.