Embed Continuous Improvement Cycles
Program: Effective Teaching
Module: Embed Continuous Improvement Cycles
Continuous Improvement Cycles is a professional learning module for principals, instruction coaches, teachers and teaching assistants. Participants will understand how the 8 Cycles of School Practice guide school improvement efforts. They will learn to articulate a vision of high expectations and achievement for all students and use data to improve outcomes in academics and behaviour. Participants will also learn to develop routines around planning, participating in and documenting professional learning. Implementing cycles to broaden and deepen parent engagement in student learning and behaviour and articulating school progress and school improvement goals and the role of parents and community in school improvement efforts will also be a part of this module.
- Develop practices that communicate high expectations and achievement for all (1.4.10).
- Implement school-wide academic and behaviour improvement actions into classroom approach (3.1.13).
- Articulate and document the effects of professional development on student mastery and behaviour goals (1.1.09).
- Develop a deeper knowledge and understanding of effective teaching through training focused on instructional improvement and high expectations positive school culture (1.3.09).
- Evaluate professional knowledge and practice and apply constructive feedback to improve practice (4.1.07).
- Monitor progress of the whole-school professional learning plan and effect of professional development on school improvement targets in academics and behaviour (1.1.09).
- Manage coaching and feedback cycles to provide the school team with regular feedback (1.1.10).
- Implement plan to enable observations and hours assessment of newly mastered techniques and practices being delivered to fidelity (3.5.06).
- Plan coaching and feedback with colleagues to improve effective teaching techniques (3.5.07).
- Implement plan to practice and share constructive feedback (3.5.07).
- Articulate outcomes based on student mastery and behaviour data and actions needed to optimise student learning (1.3.10).
- Model sharing data that shows how the school is closing achievement gaps of students (1.4.10).
- Model the use of technology to record, analyse and share information (2.2.10).
- Evaluate effect of improvement actions through changes in student data (4.1.06).
- Model peer collegiality focused on implementation of effective teaching and positive behaviour interventions and supports (1.1.11).
- Implement cycles of practice that increase professional collegiality, including professional conversations (2.1.07).
- Implement opportunities to expand professional learning opportunities through collaborative relationships (4.1.08).
- Develop collaboration with other schools and networks to guide, coach and mentor peers to promote effective teaching and positive behaviour interventions and supports (1.4.11).
- Model the understanding and respect for cultural and linguistic diversity (1.4.11).
- Develop leadership in others through encouraging parents and other community leaders to build consensus and take individual responsibility for implementing change (1.3.12).
- Develop a community partnership forum to ensure the school team and families are exploring ways to improve education opportunities for students (1.4.09).
- Evaluate ideas from community networks and forums to meet the needs of students and the school (4.3.08).
- Understand the role of community representatives in broadening effective teaching knowledge and practice (4.4.04).
- Plan practices that encourage families to build community consensus and individual responsibility for implementing change (2.3.08).
- Implement opportunities for families to become actively involved in school change efforts (2.3.08).
- Model effective ways to broaden and deepen parent engagement in student learning and behaviour (1.1.12).
- Coach school team in increasing parent engagement focused on school readiness (2.1.12).
- Understand how to utilise honest conversations to increase parental engagement (2.2.04).
- Plan how to positively engage parents in their children’s work to motivate and maximise children’s learning (3.8.05).
- Articulate what has worked in parent engagement and how that learning can be built upon to improve parent engagement practices (1.1.12).
- Articulate school progress and school improvement goals and the role of the parents and community in school improvement efforts (1.2.12).
- Develop routines for regular celebration of academic and behaviour achievement (1.4.12).
- Model high ethical standards, support codes of ethics and exercise sound judgement in all community contexts (2.4.09).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of actions to maintain appropriate conduct, exercise sound judgement and deal professionally with students (3.7.04).
- Plan a response that builds on a personal approach to incorporating local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures, and languages into personal practice (3.2.10).
- Learn Effective Teaching Essentials.
- 12 Lessons
Assessment has three stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Appraisal: Practical application in practicing knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
- Mastery evaluation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Participants are eligible for certification based on attendance and completion of assessment requirements for each module.
- Certificate of Attendance: Complete online training and knowledge and skills tests.
- Certificate of Participation: Pass knowledge and skills video Appraisal.
- Certificate of Achievement: Pass knowledge and skills video Mastery evaluation.
Partner with us
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Great offer today!
50% OFF - Describe your offer here... - Use promo code #YYY
Do not miss!
Are you a principal looking for school improvement support?
Click here to access the exceptional free offer we have for you.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.