Use Modelling Techniques
Module: Use Modelling Techniques
Use Modelling Techniques is a practice module that goes in depth for participants to learn what happens when the technique is delivered with fidelity. They learn what happens when using modelling techniques is not delivered with fidelity. The barriers and how to overcome the barriers to deliver using modelling with fidelity.
- Demonstrate techniques that engage students and deliver lesson components to fidelity (TS1.2) (3.1.02).
- Understand basic direct instruction techniques and why they are used. Understand basic explicit instruction teaching techniques and why they are used. Demonstrate mastery of basic direct and explicit instruction techniques through weekly program practice sessions and then in classroom delivery (TS1.3) (3.1.03).
- Understand components of effective teaching resources (such as the Teacher Guide) that align with core programs. Communicate correct use of program components, such as Teacher Presentation Book, Teacher Guide, Student Workbooks, student books, etc. (TS1.4) (3.1.04).
- Implement lesson sequences with fidelity, maintaining student engagement and promoting learning (TS1.9) (3.1.09).
- Review key teaching techniques with colleagues in weekly practice sessions (TS1.10) (3.1.10).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices in academics and behaviour. Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.1) (3.2.01).
- Plan lesson presentation using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques. Implement all parts of direct and explicit instruction lessons (TS2.7) (3.2.07).
- Plan group instruction based on mastery data and program guidelines. Implement direct and explicit instruction lessons with fidelity (TS2.8) (3.2.08).
- 4 lessons
Assessment has three stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Observation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Partner with us
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Great offer today!
50% OFF - Describe your offer here... - Use promo code #YYY
Do not miss!
Are you a principal looking for school improvement support?
Click here to access the exceptional free offer we have for you.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.