Support Instructional Improvement
Supporting Instructional Improvement is a professional learning module for teaching assistants. Participants understand cycles of practice for continuous improvement and how they improve teaching and learning. They can create a positive high-expectations classroom, apply school values, evaluate students and involve parents in their children’s education. Participants will also be able to understand the role of external professionals and apply their recommendations to improve professional knowledge and practice.
- Learn Effective Teaching Essentials
Assessment has three stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons. ·
- Appraisal: Practical application in practicing knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
- Mastery evaluation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Participants are eligible for certification based on attendance and completion of assessment requirements for each module.
- Certificate of Attendance: Complete online training and knowledge and skills tests. ·
- Certificate of Participation: Pass knowledge and skills video Appraisal.
- Certificate of Achievement: Pass knowledge and skills video Mastery evaluation.
- Understand why lesson progress is important and how to record lesson progress and mastery (4.1.02).
- Apply practices that support instruction to mastery (4.1.02).
- Understand how the Mastery Teaching Pathway helps to identify and plan professional needs (4.1.03).
- Apply advice from principal and school instruction coach to professional development planning (4.1.03).
- Demonstrate how professional learning is applied to a work setting (4.1.03).
- Understand the role of external professional and community representatives in broadening professional knowledge and practice (4.1.04).
- Apply school values in supporting instructional improvement (4.1.04).
- Implement teacher-recommended differentiated strategies to ensure learning participation of students with learning difficulty or disability (4.2.06).
- Review targets for lesson progress and mastery (4.2.06).
- Evaluate student progress and mastery and compare to expectations (4.2.06).
- Understand codes of ethics and conduct established by regulatory authorities, systems and schools (4.3.01).
- Apply ethical conduct in instructional improvement (4.3.01).
- Understand the types of student data that are collected to support student learning and behaviour (4.3.02).
- Understand how participation in professional networks supports effective teaching through network building (4.3.03).
- Understand role of external professionals in broadening professional knowledge and practice (4.3.04).
- Apply recommendations of external professionals to improve professional knowledge and practice (4.3.04).
- Understand best practices for involving parents in their children’s education (4.4.01).
- Apply knowledge of best practices in helping to develop and deliver strategies to involve parents (4.4.01).
- Understand codes of ethics and conduct established by regulatory authorities, systems and schools in relation to conversations with parents (4.4.02).
- Demonstrate compliance to relevant legislative, administrative, organisational and professional requirements, policies and processes (4.4.03).
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Great offer today!
50% OFF - Describe your offer here... - Use promo code #YYY
Do not miss!
Are you a principal looking for school improvement support?
Click here to access the exceptional free offer we have for you.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.