Complete Lesson in the Standard Time
Teaching Technique: Prepare
Program: Teaching Technique: Prepare
Module: Complete Lesson in the Standard Time
Complete Lesson is the Standard Time is a practice module that goes in depth for participants to learn what happens when the technique is delivered with fidelity. They learn what happens when completing the lesson in the standard time is not delivered with fidelity. They also learn how to overcome the barriers to deliver completing the lesson in the standard time with fidelity.
- Demonstrate techniques that engage students and deliver lesson components to fidelity (TS1.2) (3.1.02).
- Understand basic direct instruction techniques and why they are used. Understand basic explicit instruction teaching techniques and why they are used. Demonstrate mastery of basic direct and explicit instruction techniques through weekly program practice sessions and then in classroom delivery (TS1.3) (3.1.03).
- Understand components of effective teaching resources (such as the Teacher Guide) that align with core programs. Demonstrate direct and explicit instruction concepts in developing independent work that aligns to the program being taught. Communicate correct use of program components, such as Teacher Presentation Book, Teacher Guide, Student Workbooks, student books, etc. (TS1.4) (3.1.04).
- Implement lesson sequences with fidelity, maintaining student engagement and promoting learning (TS1.9) (3.1.09).
- Review key teaching techniques with colleagues in weekly practice sessions (TS1.10) (3.1.10).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices in academics and behaviour. Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.1) (3.2.01).
- Plan lesson presentation using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.7) (3.2.07).
- Understand how to group students and maximise instructional time to manage classroom activities. Apply classroom practices across all activities by setting clear behavioural expectations and facilitating routines, orderly transitions, and bell to bell teaching. Demonstrate effective use of instructional time by managing classroom (TS4.2) (3.4.02).
- Plan how to group students and maximise instructional time to manage classroom activities. Implement plan to facilitate routines, orderly transitions, and bell to bell teaching (TS4.7) (3.4.07).
- 4 Lessons
Assessment has two stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Observation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Partner with us
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Great offer today!
50% OFF - Describe your offer here... - Use promo code #YYY
Do not miss!
Are you a principal looking for school improvement support?
Click here to access the exceptional free offer we have for you.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.