Teaching Technique: Assess
Administer Program Assessments
Program: Teaching Technique: Assess
Module: Administer Program Assessments
Administer Program Assssments is a practice module that goes in depth for participants to learn what happens when the technique is delivered with fidelity. They learn what happens when administering program assessments is not delivered with fidelity. They also learn how to overcome the barriers to administering assessments with fidelity.
- Demonstrate program knowledge to set learning goals for direct instruction groups and use scaffolding through error correction and remedies and re-testing to ensure learning goals are met (TS1.1) (3.1.01).
- Demonstrate techniques that engage students and deliver lesson components to fidelity (TS1.2) (3.1.02). Understand basic direct instruction techniques and why they are used.
- Understand basic explicit instruction teaching techniques and why they are used. Demonstrate mastery of basic direct and explicit instruction techniques through weekly program practice sessions and then in classroom delivery (TS1.3) (3.1.03).
- Understand components of effective teaching resources (such as the Teacher Guide) that align with core programs. Communicate correct use of program components, such as Teacher Presentation Book, Teacher Guide, Student Workbooks, student books, etc. (TS1.4) (3.1.04).
- Implement lesson sequences with fidelity, maintaining student engagement and promoting learning (TS1.9) (3.1.09).
- Review key teaching techniques with colleagues in weekly practice sessions (TS1.10) (3.1.10).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices in academics and behaviour. Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.1) (3.2.01).
- Plan lesson presentation using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques. Implement all parts of direct and explicit instruction lessons (TS2.7) (3.2.07).
- Plan group instruction based on mastery data and program guidelines. Implement direct and explicit instruction lessons with fidelity (TS2.8) (3.2.08).
- Understand how to use mastery test data to assess student learning. Demonstrate remedies and retesting as indicated in direct instruction following mastery tests and/or student checkouts and use correction procedure when students make errors (TS6.1) (3.6.01).
- Plan instructional time to implement mastery tests as indicated in the program. Implement in-program and out of program assessments to evaluate student mastery levels. Review mastery test data to determine individual and group mastery (TS6.6) (3.6.06).
- 4 Lessons
Assessment has two stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Observation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Great offer today!
50% OFF - Describe your offer here... - Use promo code #YYY
Do not miss!
Are you a principal looking for school improvement support?
Click here to access the exceptional free offer we have for you.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.